Monday, May 7, 2012

A Sudden Drop

Bran, a character from the hit TV show Game of Thrones, is the narrator in this excerpt. It takes place during one of the first few episodes in the first season, when Bran comes upon Cersei and Jaimee going at it in the tower. There is no descriptive sex in the following piece, merely the telling of what took place from Bran's point of view.


My hands are raw, bleeding against the rock. It hurts me, but I move even faster, venturing further towards the voices and the gasps of pain. Suddenly my foot slips, I nearly cry out. Fingers tightening around the ledge, I grapple blindly for a foothold, the distance between me and the ground an all-too-lethal threat. Then I feel the cold rock skimming my bare toes, and I breath out in relief. Farther along and the voices grow in volume, but the shrieks seem now more of excitement than of fear. The corner nears me, and I poke my head around the side. My throat constricts, mouth dry as I gasp, shocked. It is the queen, nearly bare, her legs curled around the waist of a man whose back is to me. Her eyes are tightly closed, moans of pleasure just barely passing through her lips as she runs her hands over his smooth chest. The man shifts his stance, his face no longer concealed. The blonde locks that grace his thin face curl perfectly around his ears and down his neck. His tongue runs over his lips, blue eyes flaring as another wave of ecstasy hits him. ‘Jaimee Lannister,’ I breathe. Not the king. Not even a relation of the king. But rather the queen’s own brother, a cocky lord of the Westeros. Suddenly the woman screams, one of her long fingers gesturing furiously in my direction. I move back behind the wall, but her brother is too quick. I feel fingers curling around my collar, and I screech in fear. But it’s no use. I am dragged back to the window, my fingers bleeding beneath the nails as I try to keep my balance. Jaimee looks at me curiously, ignoring the queen’s incessant cries of “He saw us! He saw us!” My chest tightens; I can barely breathe. Power emanates from the man’s mere presence and, though It causes me great shame to admit it, I greatly fear him. Jaimee grasps my shirt collar tightly and pulls me towards him, and for a moment my hope returns. He sighs, looking at me sadly. Turning to the queen, he smiles. “Ah, the things I do for love.” Then a force catches me against the chest, and suddenly I’m screaming, falling. The air whips past me and I grapple for something, anything to hold on to, but it’s no use. I’m too late. I hear the queen’s voice above me, shouting furiously at her brother, but her words are lost in the wind that beats viciously against my skin. I glance down, and that’s when I hit, a scream of agony caught in my throat. My vision suddenly explodes, no less than a dozen colors invading my eyes and then everything is black. Darkness pushes down on my skull, drowning everything out until it all disappears. I am alone. And then there is nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment